Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Its the day after the long weekend. The leftovers are in the fridge, the kids are back in school and Cliff is back at work and I joined the hundreds of other people today at the gym.........sweating our tails off to get rid of all that overindulgence from the weekend.

We had a great visit with Michelle and Chris. Actually Aunt Michelle and Uncle Mac (thats what Kira called him) . On Friday we drove up to Bon Echo and hiked around the lake. It was great fun for the kids to see all the places they had went swimming in the summer and experience it at a different season.

Saturday was Michelle and Chris's Brighton reception. There were lots of people there to congratulate them and wish them well in their new life together.

Sunday we went to church and had a family dinner with nine of us.. ......and we still had leftovers. The weather was beautiful so we got the chance to head out for a walk between main course and dessert. Papa stayed behind for a snooze while we trekked to the pond. At the pond I thought for sure someone was going to end up wet....its the whole kids around water theory, if its water its only a matter of time before some or all of their body ends up in it.
I guess the highlight at the pond was uncle chris (Mac) catching a frog and then losing it in the long grass. Poor frog probably ran for his life.

Today, I went to Value Village to get the children some costumes. At the end of the month the church is having a Harvest Party and there will also be some parties and such at school.
So this year Keegan is going to be Peter the High King of Narnia and Calia is going to be Queen Lucy and Kira is going to be Aslan. So there I was in Value Village in the midst of all the witches, skeletons Hallowe'en stuff ( I can't stand it it creeps me out) looking for a sword that didn't have a skull on it and a dagger for Calia that was not that Satanic looking.........Kira was with me and she starts saying "Jesus, Jesus , Jesus" over and over again. I wish she could have told me more of what was going through her mind. Anyways, I ended up finding a blue dress (ladies size) for Calia so I will have to take it in........interesting idea for me since I hate sewing though I can tolerate it for certain lenghts of time......Who knows I might end up calling Monica for some sewing advice. I also found a red tunic for keegan which needs to have the emblem of a lion etched on it in fabric paint....just call me crafty Karen or crazy .....I still need to hunt down a red cape and some "nice" weapons. Glad I didn't wait till the night before.

I was also hoping to get some pictures from the weekend on the blog but we are experiencing technical difficulties....

No comments: