Monday, September 25, 2006

what a nice quiet Monday....sigh.....

actually it was a busy morning as I went to the gym and did some shopping at the mall. Kira fell asleep so I was able to spend some time browsing through Old Navy. What a treat and I actually bought soemthing for myself.

Now it is very quiet in the house as Kira is asleep and the older two children are at school.

I have been busy trying to figure out how to redecorate our house. I think we are going to end up doing some home renovations. Yesterday Cliff and I were looking at our basement and I think we (he) is going to have to move a wall over in the bedroom so we can make two bedrooms down there , one for Keegan and one for a guest room. We also need proper flooring and some finishing work around the windows and doors. ....should make for a fun winter project.

I did end up getting my paint for the doors and shutters. They are now a deep burgandy - quite the improvement over the faded brown.

I love fall...
Saturday we all went to Applefest in Brighton. We go every year with the kids. There are vendors and rides and hayrides , parade and wagon rides to the apple orchard. Once againn I came away with 1/2 a bushel of apples.......anyone know any good apple recipes???

Gotta go make some apple crisp for supper..

1 comment:

Tamatha said...

I went to applefest one year with friends of mine that live in Brighton! It was so fun walking up and down the street looking at all of the vendors.