Sunday, August 30, 2009

Remember the Juno Awards?

At Cliff's school he will play a song or two before the bell sounds at the beginning of the day and at different transition times throughout the day. It is nice because it gives staff /students and parents a warning that bell time is near. Over this school year there have been different themes to the music on the PA. This weekend he decided to change the songs and go with a new theme of Canadian music. Once we got started we realized it was a huge task to chose 5 or 6 songs that would encompass Canadian music.
There are so many amazing artists out there. Who would you chose?

I will share our song list with you on my next post.

10 comments:

Maureen said...

Well I would have to say
Jann Arden
April Wine
Baranaked Ladies
But probably the best Artist
Tammy Pratt

Mom's Group said...

Stompin' Tom! teehee

Vicki said...

... and see ... I can't believe you didn't think of "Andrew Martin". Maybe not a national icon yet, but he will be!

Vicki said...

By the way ... I love the idea of playing a song before the bell! Is this an Aussie "thing"? It would be such a nice way to start the day ... it would set the tone for sure ....

Jen said...

You really must include an East Coast favorite like the Rankins...or check out some amazing young talent in the Cottars...beautiful soulful Celtic.

Can't wait to see your list!

Anonymous said...

The Tragically Hip - Kingston

Monica de Wit said...

Barenaked Ladies for sure!!

Colleen said...

That IS a great idea..hmmm..someone should tell Mr Toffelmire to do that.
Great Big Sea would be my pick...they're coming to Belleville this month - can't wait!

The Hippie Moose said...

I'm with Holly!! The first person I though of was Stompin Tom. Maybe the Arrogant Worms? At least the kids will be howling laughing.

d said...

Hey, we will miss you guys these next two days... Glad to hear that Aunt Jean and your mom will be joining you soon. Share some good laughs about Oma together, okay?

spot