Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Update

Well, it has been a few weeks since I have last posted anything. Time just happens to be zooming along here in Australia. We have been busy getting ready for a visit from Grandma and Aunt Jean. They arrive in Melbourne on September 10th and we are all pumped about it. There are lots of little and big Australian adventures planned for all of us in September.(I wonder how Mom will feel about Bungee jumping?)

In anticipation of our company I was thinking back to our first few days in the country trying to remember my first observations of life here. Things that I probably don't even notice now that I have been here for 8 months. I must admit, there have been times in the last few weeks where I have went looking for something in the grocery store only to find out that they do not have the product in the country. So I have been experimenting a lot with cooking and trying my luck at a few Aussie dishes.

Lamb is a very popular meat here. So one of my goals for the next month is to try my luck at cooking lamb. Need to remember to pick up some mint sauce and rosemary to start the experiment? Any other suggestions on cooking lamb successfully?

This weekend we are heading up to Bendigo. Bendigo is about a three hour drive north from here. The ITF has some fun activities planned for the exchange teachers. On Saturday night we will all be attending a bush dance with music supplied by Bendigo's own Emu Creek Bush Band. Should be a fun evening and I will be sure to fill you all in on the Bush dance sometime next week.

So, I need to finish packing and laundry as tomorrow we leave.

As always, more to come

3 comments:

Amy said...

sounds exciting!
Do they exchange police officers??? lol

Jen said...

How wonderful that you will get to spend some time with extended family, I know this must be the toughest part of the exchange for you all. Have lots of fun showing them around and getting grandma bungee jumping. LOL!
Google is my friend when it comes to trying new recipes...look for rated recipes, you will often find not only people's opinions but also variations this way.
I really like lamb, but I don't think I have ever cooked it.

Shaun and Holly said...

Hey!
I am with Jen, I always look on the Internet for new recipies. Wonderful to have such easy acess to so much information!! Let us know how the Lamb feast goes. Heehee.