Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I realize it has been a while since I posted anything. We have been managing to adjust to winter in Canada. Last weekend we decided to go ahead and tackle the cold and snow full on and took the family to Winterlude in Ottawa for the day. It was a balmy -25 that day.
Here are a few shots of our adventures there. I think my favourite was the ice and snow playground for the kids and skating on the Rideau canal.
NO CLIFF!!!!! DON"T LICK THE POLE!!!!!

Loved it, had a great time. But give me a choice and between the beach and the snow and the beach would win everytime. Now to go make myself another coffee and throw a log on the fire and check the medal standings for Canada.

5 comments:

Amy said...

we say every year we are going to go to Winterlude, but never make it. Must do this next year. lol.

I'd take beach anyday as well...BUT I sure do love Canada!!!

d said...

I have a lot of memories of skating on the Rideau when we lived in Ottawa. Nice pictures!
spot

Cyndi said...

I'm with you Amy -always planned on making it to Winterlude and yet to do so. And now....sniff, sniff, my kids are moving out and moving on. But I will always have that ONE Big kid Sheldon to take on adventures!

Shari said...

I love Winterlude. Did you have a Beaver Tail??

Tamatha said...

I have never gone to Winterlude yet. I want to every year...but never end up going. What great memories you are making with your kids.:o)