Sinterclaas Day!
Lately I have really been thinking about Christmas traditions, mainly ones that I can do with my family. I decided to write Aunt Alida an email because I was curious what early Christmas traditions Opa and Oma did with their family when they were still in Holland. It was neat to read what they did - everything was very simple and yet the children were very happy. Its crazy to think about how materialistic things have become in todays world.
So to celebrate dutch christmas in our house I shared with Keegan, Calia and Kira the story of Sinterclaas and Black Peter.The funny thing is I remembered Opa sharing with us the same story and warning us that we had to be good or black Pete would put us in a sack and haul us back to Spain with him......... Then everyone got a dutch chocolate letter that they got to indulge in...........Just something simple but something that we can do to remember our roots.
Giving 2019
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment