Nervously they waited in the wings of the stage,
hands placed on each others shoulders,
just as they had rehearsed.
The first several bars of their song float out to the audience
as they appeared from behind the curtain.
Smiling, prancing, toes pointed,
their ruby red royal gowns flowing around them.
Jumping, swaying, bending
their confidence beams from their cherub like faces.
All too soon it was over
and the thunderous applause echo's throughout theatre.
Eight sets of hands applauding louder and longer than others
cause that was their little princess performing.
Kinda makes me wonder
as a daughter of the king of kings..
Do I take the time to listen
for the sounds of his delight over me??
(Zephaniah 3:17...."The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing"
PS. Calia and Jianna did very well at their dance recital on Saturday night. I am going to try and post a pict of my little princess.
Smiling, prancing, toes pointed,
their ruby red royal gowns flowing around them.
Jumping, swaying, bending
their confidence beams from their cherub like faces.
All too soon it was over
and the thunderous applause echo's throughout theatre.
Eight sets of hands applauding louder and longer than others
cause that was their little princess performing.
Kinda makes me wonder
as a daughter of the king of kings..
Do I take the time to listen
for the sounds of his delight over me??
(Zephaniah 3:17...."The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing"
PS. Calia and Jianna did very well at their dance recital on Saturday night. I am going to try and post a pict of my little princess.
2 comments:
Our sweet ballerinas....
Just think Karen....Miss Universe went to their school!!!!!
LOL!!!!
So happy that times have changed.. when I was a little girl it was "taboo" for us "church kids" to have "dancing lessons" of ANY kind - Thank God for "Freedom"!
I'll be checking for pictures of the girls.
Post a Comment