Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Karen's Question of the Week

In thinking of Spring and all the gardening ahead...........

What is your favorite flower?

I have several though my all time favorite is the sunflower. I love all that the flower is and all that it represents. At one point I had even thought about getting a small tatoo of a sunflower - but I don't like needles or pain so it hasn't happened yet.

10 comments:

Maureen said...

Karen I really love Carnations
There is just something about the smell.
I am not a gardener but am looking forward to seeing the Morning Glories grow through my fence from my neighbours garden.

Rhonda said...

TULIP!!!

Jen said...

PANSIES....lots and lots in all kinds of colors!

Amy said...

FIrst off...Karen--you did have 3 kids eh?? Tattoo can't be NEAR that, lol!!

I love gardens, but am ignorant to all the different types of flowers. I am taking a cake course and we have to make many different flowers--they say to imagine what the flower looks like, and I have NO IDEA!! lol... Thank goodness for pics.

I'd have to say my fav is a daisy. Or a rose. And I love love love those black eyed susans. Yeah, that's my fav.

Roxanne said...

I love all sorts of lilies.

Anonymous said...

DAFFODILS
My father in law said one time that he would pick a bushel full from the fields in BC and send them but.............too expensive..instead mailed some money for us to purchase some

Shaun and Holly said...

My favorite spring flowers are:
tulips
My favorite summer flowers:
purple cone flower, cosmos, zinnisa, daisies.....


OK, OK, I couldn't just pick ONE!

I also LOVE pansies. Ok, I love them ALL!!!!

Shaun and Holly said...

ps.
WHAT does a sunflower represent?

Shari said...

I love tulips in the spring - especially burnt orange ones.

My all time favorite flower is gerbe daisy again in burnt orange but I haven't successfully kept them living long term.

Lilies come in so many varieties and are low in care but short lived.

I do really enjoy cosmos as they are so feathery blowing in the wind

But the one I plant and get the most enjoyment out of would be zinnias. They are very hardy - come in many sizes and colours, don't require a lot of watering. They are beautiful and flower throughout the summer and are amazing to cut and bring into the house. I generally gather the seeds each year and plant them in the early spring.

Kevin LOVES the Morning Glory Vine.

Anonymous said...

I just can't pick a favorite, cause I'm a flower freak.
Flowers make me smile, and I am mesmerized by how uniquely God made each one.
If I was rich, I would have fresh flowers each week!