Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer!!!!!














I just love this time of year. Everything winds down, school lets out and it is time for outdoor fun.

Our plans for the summer include visits to the beach, several family camping trips, sleepovers with cousins, swimming lessons, lots of pool time, biking, boating, and of course a trip out to Cape Breton.

Last summer we went to Nova Scotia with the family and just fell in love with the place and the people. There is just something about spending time in a cottage that is in the mountains and on the shore of a river that flow into the ocean. What a peaceful place to relax and recharge. I just wish it was closer to Belleville..

(The photo is of the kids at sunset. They loved to go out and play at the rivers edge in the evenings.)



7 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Yipie...SUMMER!!!!!

Love the pic. Karen!

Holly
happydoodler

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic picture. Enjoy your summer! These years go by so quickly. Your family is really good at planning many memorable days with your kids... way to go!

Jen said...

I am so jealous....NS cottage....my dream vacation....even today, I was tempted to just grab the kids and take off for a road trip to NS...seems hubby is a little busy for a trip this year....sigh...I pretended I was at the ocean while by the Bay yesterday and Sand banks today.
Enjoy your summer, i am looking forward to Tuesday!

Vicki said...

Beautiful pic! Your own little worshipper!

Your summer sounds wonderful! Wish I could fit in your beach bag, picnic basket, suitcase ...

Rhonda said...

What a really great picture!!! Worth framing I think.

Sounds like a wonderful summer. Have fun creating memories!

Roxanne said...

Summer is my absolute favorite season.
What an awesome photo!

Shari said...

Hey, if you REALLY loved your pastors ... you could invite them to join you in NS. Actually we'd have to pass as we seem to have a prior commitment in that time slot already! :)