Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beach Boxes

Many of the beaches along Port Philips Bay have these colorful wooden beach boxes on them. People own the beach boxes and keep all their beach "stuff" in them. You can't live in them as they are like a glorified shed and I don't think any new ones are permitted to be built. There is also no electricity hooked up to them either. Yesterday Cliff and I saw one for sale in the real estate postings for a measley 300 000 Australian dollars.

Real estate pricing aside, I really love them to look at as they add so much character to some of the holiday beaches. The kids have even done some art at school around the beach box theme and yesterday we had the opportunity to go through and view some paintings done by some local artists of the Mornington Peninsula beaches. I would love to take one of those paintings home. However, I think after looking at the price tag I will have to settle for some really good photos.

As always, more to come.

6 comments:

Amy said...

oooh...very cool!!

Jen said...

I LOVE them, so bright and cheery...they'd make awesome art work.

Maureen said...

They are so pretty. I love the bright colours

The Hippie Moose said...

Great picture. The dark sky just makes them Glow!

Cyndi said...

I agree - this is a great photo Karen. You are really educating me on the ways and wonders of Australia!

Shaun and Holly said...

So colourful!