I thought I was over it.
The paranoid crazy behavior when encountering a critter with 8 legs, otherwise known as Arachnophobia.
Yesterday I was pushing Kira in the bike trailer.
We were walking down the main street just after going to the post office.
Suddenly my thoughts get interrupted by her stating something that went like this,
Euuuwwe!! A Spider!
Well, that comment pulled me from my daydreams as I picked her out of the bike trailer
turned the thing upside down and started kicking it and banging it on the sidewalk.
All the while I was frantically quizing her,...
What colour was the spider?
What did it look like?
Did it bite you?
Where did it go?
I really thought I was coping quite well with the whole spider thing.
After several minutes and no luck in locating the crazy spider, I noticed that we were not alone. Across the street there were two old ladies out for a mid morning stroll. They had stopped in their tracks and were holding on to their walkers and taking in all the drama. I can imagine that was the highlight of their walk.
I smiled, then proceeded to grab Kira's hand and place everything back in the bike trailer and together we pushed it all the way home.
Today it remains in the carport and we are driving everywhere. One of the places I am going to stop at is the hardware store for a can of bug spray that can fit in my purse.
Once again, more to come.
Giving 2019
6 years ago
1 comment:
Now, If you had gone through all that drama over here, over a spider, that would be quite a sight...but hey! You are down under with all the big-bad spiders who really are something to be concerned about. I am sure those ladies had stories to tell that night. So glad it turned out well though.
Post a Comment