Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Weekend in the Mountains

Here are a few snaps of our weekend in the Grampians. It was very warm with temperatures in the mid thirties. In spite of the heat we put on our hats (mine will not be gracing the cover of Vogue magazine but hey...Mommy has to be the example), slapped on sunscreen and filled up our waterbottles and did some exploring and managed to climb a few mountains. It is very inspiring and so good for the soul to be out there taking in the views and watching the birds soar in the updrafts. The whole time we were hiking, one of our favourite songs kept playing in my mind. That was The Mountain Song by Stephen Curtis Chapman.
The Mountain Song
(Stephen Curtis Chapman)

I want to build a house up on this mountain
Way up high where the peaceful waters flow
To quench my thirsty soul
Up on the mountain

CHORUS

My faith is strengthened by all that I see
You make it easy for me to believe up on the mountain
Oh, up on the mountain

I would love to live up on this mountain
And keep the pain of living life so far away
But I know I can't stay
Up on the mountain

CHORUS

I said I'd go, Lord, wherever You lead
For where You are is where I most want to be
And I can tell we're headed for the valley
My faith is strengthened by all that I've seen
So Lord help me remember what You've shown me
Up on the mountain

CHORUS 2
You bring me up here on this mountain
For me to rest and learn and grow
I see the truth up on the mountain And I carry it to the world far below
So as I go down to the valley
Knowing that You will go with me
This is my prayer, Lord
Help me to remember what You've shown me
Up on the mountain
Up on the mountain

I cherish these times up on the mountain
But I can leave this place because I know
Someday You'll take me home to live forever
Up on the mountain

3 comments:

d said...

this post was very encouraging, K. I would have loved to come along for the hike!

spot

Shari said...

It's time to come home Karen.... you all look like HillBillies in some of these pics! LOL

I can hardly wait to see you in person. Although talking over SKYP is great - it's just not the same as face to face - or better yet... soaking in the hot tub.

Amy said...

cute pics!!