Today is the third last day of the holidays.......I must say we have had a great time. We got together with friends and family and had our own Christmas celebration here on Christmas day. It was a little strange this year celebrating the holidays without snow. Usually we have our tube run going in the front lawn. This year we sent the kids outside to play in splash pants and boots.
During the holidays two members of our family celebrated birthdays. Calia turned six on January 3 and I (Karen) turned 35 on December 25. Once again I have realized that age is a state of mind. I don't feel any older ....maybe thats why Oma (93 and resident of a nursing home) keeps wondering why she is in this place with all these "old" people.
New years resolutions are passe this year. We are just trying to get back to the usual routine with out exercise and eating habits. Like today .....we went out to the PLAYTRIUM in Kingston. It is an indoor playworld for kids and we all had so much fun. We played tag through the play structure - even Kira was involved in the game. We played there for two hours, boy were the kids sweaty and tired when we left. On the way home we picked up a pizza and the kids are presently watching a movie...ahhh the holidays. We will be sure to really enjoy the last couple of days.
Giving 2019
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment