Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ok so here is something I have been contemplating lately....What is the difference between leading a disciplined life with God and being "religious" in your life with God?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally think that "being religious" in your life with God is a reference formost to the exterior - what you "do" and your" actions". It tends to come from what others think and it's imposed on you. It tends to be more "cookie cutter".....everyone is to be the same...Boring....We forget that God is a creator..not a cookie cutter.

Leading a disciplined life for me, begins on the interior. It first takes root in my heart, mind and thought life. As it takes root in my heart and mind then my actions reflect accordingly. It's not about what others want me to do - It's about my longing to please and honor my Jesus. It's relationship based not fear based!
Good question - I want to give more thought to it.
Shari

Shaun and Holly said...

I love Shari's comment. Very good!