Today I was reminded of a story that happened at our house three years ago when the the temperature started to creep above zero and Spring was in the air.
I let 5 year old Keegan and 3 year old Calia out into the backyard to play. I stayed inside the house as I was busy doing "Mom" stuff. About 20 minutes lasped.......then I heard a noise in the hallway so I went out to investigate......there I found a soaking wet, naked 3 year old Calia.
"I'm cold" she stammered....her lips turning blue....
"Where is your brother!!!!!!!!!!!" I said as I picked her up and brought her into the bathroom and started the warm water flowing into the tub.
"Oooooutside" said my hypothermic daughter.
I reached over and yanked open the bathroom blinds. There was a sight I will never forget to this day. My eyes see the beatutiful colours or their clothing; coats, hats, boots, pants, eye glasses, underwear strewn all over the hillside. At the bottom of the hill stands a naked Keegan filling the sandbox with water...........
Later, after they had all warmed up and I had cooled down and we collected all their clothing I asked them both that question that parents ask their children more than once in their lifetime....."What were you thinking?"
It turns out that since the day was the warmest one they had experienced in awhile they thought that because it was warm (plus 2) they could play like they did in the summer and have waterfights and run around with no clothes on (actually I do not let them run around naked ...they almost always have bathing suits on). I kind of related it to how I feel when the warm weather starts... and plus 5 feels like plus 25... and I feel really silly and energetic.
So every year when the snow starts to melt and the temperature creeps above zero I think of my 2 oldest kids and their springfever waterfight.
By the way....Calia's glassses were lost in our backyard for about a month. I found them on Easter weekend during our egg hunt:)
Giving 2019
6 years ago
1 comment:
What a CUTE story!! Once again I can picture the entire scene.....bare butts and all!!
Shari
Post a Comment