Monday, May 14, 2007

Seven facts about Karen...

1. Out of all the reptiles and insects in this world I loath snakes. It doesn't matter where I am but I will always see one. I have had one slither across my feet while taking a canoeing break on an island..I have seen another eat a frog?? and had a huge six footer try to crawl in my window when we spent a night in the rainforest in Thailand.......yuck!

2. I am afraid of thunderstorms. I will always put on a brave front for the kids but truth be told.....I don't enjoy them.

3. As a child I took piano lessons for many years. I stopped after I got a teacher that my sister Monica and I nicknamed "Donna the Piranna" and "Madonna."

4. I am a really good navigator. When we are canoeing Cliff will often give me the map. When we are in the big cities I will give him the map.

5. When I was 18 I went on a summer exchange program. I travelled to Varkaus, Finland and lived on a dairy farm. I got the opportunity to experience many new things and had a great relationship with my host family. They came over when Cliff and I were married and my parents and younger sister were able to visit them as well.

6. I love to read. One of my favourite ways of relaxing is to curl up with a good book.

7. In grade seven and eight I learned how to play the violin. I loved it and was usually first or second violin. When I went to highschool there was no stringed music program so I have not played since..

I think everyone has been tagged so I am not going to tag anyone else.

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYBODY!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snakes eh? Maybe I should post the picture of you hanging upsidedown from an overhead branch you grabbed leaping out the canoe b/c of a water snake?!!! Funny you didn't mention anything about gymnastics in your seven or is that eight facts about Karen...

Roxanne said...

So, you're athletic AND musical! Just don't ask you to volunteer at a reptile zoo.

Rhonda said...

I am sooo with you on number one!! That is my biggest thing - I Hate snakes! That immense dislike has increased as I have aged.

Jen said...

So, we have a "closet musician' in our midst....hmmmmm...
I like thunder storms, as long as I am not out in them....it's my hubby's influence. He is a major "storm watcher".

Amy said...

Karen..
Thank you SOOO much for the clothes... Mike just brought them in. So very nice of you!!! They'll get good use in time (won't be long...they grow so fast!!) Thanks a million!