Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The pursuit


"Lets go for an explore" were mommys words this morning,
so with bug spray and sunscreen in hand we set out.

Our wanderings this morning took us to the farmers hay field,
a vast expanse of waist high green grass
waving in the wind.

YIPPEEE!! cried Calia and her friend
as they ran down the hill, arms outstretched like airplanes.

Then they saw it,

a little yellow butterfly was fluttering in the wind

up and down, round and round he went over the green grass.

The chase was on,
with screams and laughs they pursued the butterfly all over the field,
up and down, round and round
till even Mommy and Kira joined in.

We all chased the butterfly till our sides hurt
and we flopped down on our backs
in the middle of the green grassy field.

As we got up and headed back to the house for lunch
I had a smile on my face,
one of thankfulness
that today I had the opportunity
to go for an"explore" with my kids

and pursue butterflies in the wind.











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post, and was able to imagine myself with you on the run through the fields, what a great memory for you!!

Tamar said...

Karen What a beutiful way You Paint a Picure with words!
I Love it!
Tamar

Roxanne said...

I can just see you smiling!

Shaun and Holly said...

I am so happy for you that you get to be at home and ENJOY your children!

Amy said...

Sounds like fun. When I am at work, the kids always come in or phone to let me know of the exciting things they are doing with daddy...I smile (then scowl..lol) b/c my energy now is nil and there is little exploring with me..ha.
Enjoy!!!