Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Simple life

I awoke this morning to a three year old crawling in my bed and chatting incessantly. One of the things she said to me (besides I'm hungry) was, "Look at the snow Mommy, the snow."

Several minutes later, alone in my kitchen and pouring a bowl of cereal for Kira, I stood and stared out my kitchen window. Now since I am very used to that view from the kitchen I could not believe the transformation that had occurred in our yard. All the mud,the playground, the toys scattered about the yard, the pool, all the stuff that had been my view for the past week had a fresh new look. Everything was blanketed in cold, sparkling snow. Even our dead Christmas tree that we tossed out the back door less than two weeks ago was covered in a dazzling display of winter white powder.



Hmmmmm. I'm not going to do any elaborating on this but to say,
"Thanks God, for reminding me of some simple truths about you today"

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Very pretty. Fresh fallen snow is something we love to see. I love it when it when it clings to the trees like in your picture.

Shari said...

He washed me white as snow!!

Shaun and Holly said...

The snow has been so pretty these past few days. When I look out in the evening the snow sparkles and looks shades of purple, pink and blue when the sun is setting and the night comes. Beautiful!!

Jen said...

I was very happy to see the snow return...everything looks so crisp and bright and clean again.

I have been admiring it on the bare trees as I make my kiddie commutes daily.

God has been speaking to me about being in the season that you are in. Finding what is beautiful and wonderful about every season of our lives and embracing the one we are in, because the next one comes before you know it, and I don't want to miss the beauty and the wonder of the one I am in....spiritually or physically.

Snow is a symbol of blessing, so when ever we have a fresh blanket or even an over abundance, God speaks to me about His blessing being poured out.

Amy said...

Oh such pretty snow. It does look beautiful. I won't lie...I wish I were in Mexico.

Roxanne said...

Pretty picture; so peacful.