Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tax Headaches.......

Yesterday I was on the phone with the bank. I wanted to top up my RSP before the end of the month. Our conversation went something like this.....

Karen: Yes, I would like to top up my RSP contribution. I was wondering if I could put the money on my VISA for now since it is such a small amount.

Customer Service Representative: I am sorry, the only way that we can top up your RSP is if you apply for an RSP loan.

Karen: I don't need an RSP loan.

CSR: The loans start at 1000 dollars and I can fill out the form right here while we are on the phone.

Karen: I don't need a 1000 dollar loan. I just need a couple hundred dollars to top up an RSP.

CSR: You need to apply for an RSP loan.

This exchange went on for several minutes with me getting more and more frustrated. Finally I hung up and figured out another way to top up my RSP that did not involve VISA or a pushy customer service representative.

I think Dave Ramsey would be proud of me

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Good for you Karen! Sounds like a frustrating conversation.

Amy said...

He would be proud you have an RSP!!

Jen said...

Way to go Karen!

Jen said...

Way to go Karen!