
The BeachTuesday afternoon the temperature hit a balmy 29 degrees. So we put on our bathing suits, hats and sunscreen and headed to the Frankston beach. We still felt like tourists as we had to ask one of the locals to explain to us the flags and how it all worked.
The beach was not patrolled and they had yellow buoys out in the water where all the boats had to stay behind. Most local beaches have lifesaving centres and Coast guard around.
The water there is great for children,... very shallow
and similar to the Sandbanks with the exception of it being salt water.
Our white Canadian skin did all right in the sun though any body part that missed the sunscreen application turned a nice shade of pink by the end of the afternoon. I burned the tops of my feet. Oh, well, nothing a little bit of Aloe gel couldn't look after.
Tonight we are heading on another little adventure, we are flying to the Island of Tasmania. It is about an hours flight south and we will be spending 8 days there. Our luggage is restricted and internet is limited on the island so I will probably be off line for the whole time. We return to the mainland next Thursday. While there we want to see the mountains, visit a historic site (prison) and do an airwalk above the trees in the Tahune forest and whatever else we come across.
Once again, stay tuned and I will be back in a week.
12 comments:
While you're having your adventures I bought another snow shovel so my kids can help with the Canadian winter adventure of snow removal. We're supposed to get another storm tonight and throughout tomorrow!
This picture immediately escalated me from envy to Jade green Jealousy!!!
So beautiful...I love that it is not beach, then flat; but more hilly...reminded me of back East.
The driving adventure, sounds like it went well...even with the peanut gallery in tow.
Maria had your first batch of mail delivered to her by Mr. Snyder...she said she could not understand him at all, and somehow thinks that if her dad goes to Mr. Snyder's house, he would have a gift for him... Maybe, there is a gift there for you, that he is supposed to pick up.....maybe he considers our impending storm a gift? Not sure what was really being communicated but I think I will have Mark give him a call.
By the way, do I save your parenting magazines, or open and read them?!?!?!
Wow looks so beautiful!!! How are the toes holding up??? :)
Have a great time!!!!!!
It looks nice and warm! I'm glad you're having so many adventures.
PARADISE!!!!!
I am so envious that you are in that salt water!!!! ENJOY every minute of it(I know that you are)! :)
Airwalking above the trees!
How wonderfully exciting.
Do take pics from above and of course what a real Tasmanian Devil looks like.
Have fun
Sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm glad you're enjoying your adventure.
Thanks for sharing your adventures. I'm just catching up now, but that's the bonus of a blog ... you can catch up all at once!
I wonder if you can print your blog to save for your kids as a memory book? Something to think about!
Blessing to you on your adventures ...
Ok, your adventures are making me so jealous...and making me want to visit you guys more and more.
Oops that was me that left the anonymous comment, learning to use your blog....love you all!
Keep up these posts and we'll be on the next plan outta this freezing cold!!
oooh...I so want to go there!!
So glad you're having fun!!
Post a Comment