Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tasmania (part 2)




























Our last few days in Tasmania found us taking in some gorgeous scenery and doing a lot of hiking. Cradle Mountain is an ONESCO world heritage site and Wineglass Bay has been named one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. It was by far the experience of a lifetime.





















The family picture was taken on top of Mt. Wellington. We were able to drive up there.( Thank goodness!) The view from there overlooks all of Hobart and parts of south Tasmania. Note that I am wearing my winter coat. It was about zero degrees that day.

Once again, stay tuned. More to come.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! Those scenery pictures are breathtaking. What a wonderful opportunity to have experienced that island.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. You are one of the most adventurous families I know.
I admire you all.

Rhonda said...

Just stopping by to look at our time difference. That is just CRAZY! And...as I type that word I notice the song on your pop-out player is..CRAZY! HaHa!!!

Maureen said...

What fabulous photos.
Wish I was there right now as it is soooo cold.

Shaun and Holly said...

YES!! You are a very adventurous family and remind me of a younger version of my own parents!! :)

I miss you guys BUT am happy that you get this great opportunity!

Shari said...

It looks amazing!

We had Jill and Steve over for dinner last week. They are a wonderful couple and are loving Canada... cold and all!