Tuesday, February 03, 2009


Back to school


Highlights of Keegan and Calia's first day
  • Getting a personal escort to class so they would not get lost in a sea of 500 kids dressed in gold and green
  • all four of us being able to attend the opening assembly and hearing the all the students sing the national anthem
  • a much needed thunder storm during the assembly, with more thunder than rain
  • Keegan and Calia making friends quickly, all their classmates love their accent and are very inquisitive about the snow
  • walking to school
  • having breakfast as a family
  • Keegan is in a grade 5/6 class with Mrs. Gavin, Calia has Mrs. MacKay in year 3
Overall a very good day and they are very excited about learning. Today in Keegan's Science class the teacher was dissecting a lambs brain. On the way home today he told me he got to hold it? Perhaps I have a future Neuro surgeon in the making!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I am glad everything went well, I am sure they will love being the novel Canadians.
They look so cute in their uniforms but how do the girls run and play in dresses?

Shaun and Holly said...

How exciting!! Is there playground equipment in the school yard? Is there any sheltered areas to keep the sun off the kids? How cool will it get in the "winter"?

....lots of questions, eh?!! :)

Love to you all!

Amy said...

That is too funny that they loved their accents...i have never even thought of that! Crazy.

Maureen said...

The school system also sounds very advanced I never disected anything till Gr. 10 science.
Ok well I did but I was young and well I don't need to elaborate.Hahaha
The kids looks soo cute in their uniforms.

Rhonda said...

Hooray! Their colours are Green & Gold. Those are CSS colours. :)

Seems so funny to be doing 'back to school' right now.

Shari said...

They seemed to have already grown!

Anonymous said...

what a great first day of school!