Saturday, February 28, 2009

Surfing!


Last Sunday we had the opportunity to have some surfing lessons on the Inverloch surf beach. Sylvia and Emily volunteered to watch the girls so that freed me up to go with Cliff and Keegan and learn the sport of surfing. The lesson was 2 hours in length and started at high tide. This meant that we got to practice our new skills in really safe water but a lot of water. We had a ton of fun and well,...us adults swallowed a lot of water and the kids were naturals on the board. Both Cliff and I were quite amazed at how well Keegan did,....so much so that I am getting visions of us trying to stuff a surfboard in his carry on when we head back to Canada in December.

For me personally, I was quite happy that I did it. It has been years since I have tried anything new and it was a lot of fun. I think this might open the door to more adventurous sports for all of us.

Here are three pictures as I promised. First I need you to do something and
use your creative side and imagine the song Wipeout playing.

Is it playing????

Here we go.......





Keegan is such a natural

I think we are hooked. What did we do today but head to Point Leo Surf Beach for the afternoon. This coming weekend we are going to Bell's Beach on the Great Ocean Road and are going to watch the State Surfing Championships......definitely more stories and pictures to come.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun Karen, I am so jealous. Great pictures !!!

Maureen said...

You look amazing.
I am so glad you are having such fun adventures.

Shaun and Holly said...

What fantastic pictures!!! AND even better memories, eh?

Love you!
H.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shots!

Anonymous said...

hi karen
collee introduced me to your blog. how fun. hope you don't mind me dropping in from time to time to peek at your wonderful adventures. kerri, (ben macdonald's mom)

Rhonda said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun! Great pictures.

Nana Cheryl said...

SO MUCH FUN - I can hear the Wipeout song playing!!

Cathy said...

Great pictures! I'm glad your experiencing so many wonderful and fun things!