Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fort Nepean
Each weekend we have been venturing further and further down the peninsula. On Saturday we were at Fort Nepean which was a former military and Quarantine station. It is right on the tip of the peninsula and right at the entrance to Port Phillips Bay/Melbourne. Fort Nepeans reminded us of a James Bond movie with the blue waters, disappearing guns and all the underground tunnels which were so much fun to explore on a hot day. Here are a few shots of our adventure there. Did I mention we all were in quite a silly mood that day?


three musketeers on the guns
Happy Valentines Day to US!
Exploring the tunnels
abandoned Jetty by the quarantine station
Beach was off limits here due to unexploded ammunition
speaking of unexploded ammunition???? Watch out!




Calia and I took shelter in the bomb proof room. Whew!

All in all a very silly Saturday. I hope class trips are this much fun.

Stay tuned, more to come.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I love the last picture
Too cute...
I am really happy you are enjoying yourselves and I look daily for new posts as I enjoy reading about all your adventures.

Shari said...

I love places with such history.... the stories those tunnels could tell!

Shaun and Holly said...

Funny!

In the last picture, Calia sure does look like her Daddy!!!!

I miss you, Karen!
H.