Monday, February 16, 2009

Learning New Things


This photo gives me so much satisfaction. It is not the artistry or the colour but the people it contains and what they are setting out to do. Let me elaborate a little.

You see, Keegan really wanted to learn how to skim board so last weekend both Keegan and Cliff went out and purchased one. This weekend we went to the Frankston Beach where the conditions were ideal for skim boarding. Together they went off and with a few pointers from Dad and lots of pointers from the other skim boarders on the beach , Keegan is now starting to get the hang of it. I get such satisfaction out of seeing and hearing how excited my kids are when they try a new skill and start to master it. Especially when Daddy is involved in the process. Here are a couple of shots of Keegan learning skimboarding.
What about you? Have you tried anything new lately?? Stay tuned as this weekend there are surfing lessons booked.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I tried turning off our new big screen tv last week.... after 20 minutes I finally asked the kids for help! Does this count?

Amanda and Derek sat me down and gave me a lecture on the fact that I simply have to be more willing to learn technical stuff! LOL

Maureen said...

Karen what exactly is skim board? Does that lead into bigger boards (Surf)?
Can't say I have tried anything new in a very long time, Hmmm maybe it's time I thought about what I really would like to do.
I'll keep you posted.