For years now I have prayed regularly for protection over our family.
Last week, with the temperature climbing above zero, all the males in our household got the "urge" to head to the woods to cut some wood for next winter. It was very wet that day so they were dressed in rubber boots and rainwear. Its great fun for them as they get to drive 4 wheelers and use equipment that makes a lot of noise.
About mid afternoon the men returned.
"Karen" my husband called out. "Can you come here a minute?"
"I have something to show you"
Naively I walk down stairs and find them at the door. He has a pile of thread and wet cloth in one hand and one rubber boot in the other.
Confused I look at the handful of wet thread and material....
He holds up his boot and it is there that I see the marks from the chain saw chewing up the top of his boot.
I gasp....
I glance down at his feet, squeemish cause I am expecting blood, gore, stitches bandages .......
Nothing. Not a scratch, not a mark.
His boot is chewed up and even his sock was destroyed but not a mark on his foot.
We hold up his boot again and look at the deepness of the cut mark....
We laugh and together we thanked God for his protection and for the angels that were working overtime last Wednesday.
So, in a couple of weeks, when my husband goes to pick up the chain saw from the repair shop, he will be wearing steel toed boots and maybe a helmet too...
"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them" Psalm 34:7
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;" Psalm 91:11
Giving 2019
6 years ago
5 comments:
Thank you Father for your faithfulness and protection over all of the Williams family...help Cliff to remember his protective gear next time!
I have to say at times like this, I am thankful my husband's hobbies include reading and starbucks...I can handle a paper cut, and maybe some burned lips!
Seriously though, we never know how much our prayers have changed things for ourselves and others...Keep praying!
Jen
Thank you God, for the power of prayer!!!! Take a picture of the boot to remind you of God's faithfulness. Hey, post it on your blog (with a "don't try this kid's" warning on it!) lol
That is awesome! What a great testimony! I love that we can protect our family with our prayers.
We serve a great God!
God is so faithful...we rejoice with your family.
I have been giving "Protective Gear" some thought and would also like to suggest perhaps some elbow pads in addition to steel toed boots and helmet...you never know.(I finally broke down and have an appointment Friday for my elbow.)
On a more serious note. I continue to marvel at how faithful God has been. The Williams Family is blessed, protected and adored by God - and we say thank-you and More God!
Thanks for lunch yesterday. The food was wonderful but our chat was the highlight! Kevin and I are so blessed to have you and Cliff in our lives....your kids are pretty cute too!! Has your eldest tried the "European" joke yet?
Post a Comment