Thursday, March 22, 2007

(OK, for those of the family who are wondering how that kids are just bear with me...I am really having fun with words lately so this is a little bit of my creative side. Bear in mind this is also a rough draft)


Change


There she sits in that comfortable easy chair by the window,

again, the tiny bird is beckoning to her through the glass.

"Come, come on" it whispers to her.

"I can't " she echo's back.

Her tear filled eyes glance on the well worn cushions of her couch and up

the brown panelled walls have been there at least 30 years.

It hadn't always been like this;

the room used to be so much larger,

maybe it was all the furniture that she had accumulated.

She had tried to leave several times

through the door that now stood locked.

Each time drawn back by the familiarity of her surroundings.

It was just so much easier.

Still she had that yearning

deep within her.....

The flutter at the window drew her gaze to the bird once more

"Look up, look up, I want to help you" it said to her.

Reluctantly she stood on her furniture;

one leg,, the other leg,,,

now she was balancing on the back of the sofa.

"Now what?"" where do I go from here" she cried.

with her body pressed against the wall.

Surprised, her fingers locate a knot hole, then another,

carefully, slowly she scales the wall.

When her fingers touch the ceiling it slowly lifts off.

Grey cobwebs stretching and breaking,

then sunlight filters in.

With a smile on her face she stands triumphant on top of the wall

then jumps to the ground below.

When she opens her eyes the vibrancy of all the colours

of her new surroundings blind her.

She stumbles and rubs her eyes

in amazement as she stares at the new world;

green hills endlessly stretching out,

bordered by mountains on the horizon,

and rivers that accelerate into waterfalls....


Together at last, the pair of friends set out...

leaving the pile of smoking timber and dust behind them.

2 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Neat! I love you!
Holly

Shari said...

Very creative - I just speak "Release" over your giftings and "Increase"....I love witnessing the growth of your talents and abilities!!