skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Our family is very blessed to have 8 weeks off in the summertime.
.
Every year around this time we start trying to figure out and plan our summer..what sports will the kids be involved in? should we try daycamps? swimming lessons? home reno projects? what about vacation?
This week we had it confirmed that we will be heading off to Cape Breton for about 10 days at the beginning of July and I am so excited.(Sorry Cheryl M., no BC this summer) We went to Cape Breton about 10 years ago (before kids) and did lots of camping and hiking. Out of all the places we visited in the maritimes it was definately one of my favourites.
This time we will be staying in a cottage (yeah!) and have three kids in tow. We are starting to look at maps and checking out the internet for things to do and places to stay along the way. Since a lot of you are from that area or have vacationed there with your famillies I wanted to find out if there was any places you would recommend (that the kids would love) or churches that we could visit as we travel out there and back.
Thanks for your ideas.......
7 comments:
The best place we visited in Cape Breton was the Louisburg Fort (http://www.louisbourg.ca/fort/) They have done a lot to restore it with great re-enactments and period costumes. It was well worth the visit and lots to see (even if you don't love history!!).
The only word of caution - pick a sunny day to visit - it can be really foggy and cold. (July should be fine)
Two more links :o)
http://fortress.uccb.ns.ca/homeeng/
http://www.louisbourgtourism.com/
We also loved Fort Louisburg. Our kids still talk about it. The staff are in character, so it is an amazing historical setting - very educational and fun.
You will make some wonderful memories with your family.
I have a place NOT to stop. New Glasgow is on your way, and though you might be tempted to stop for a bite to eat...don't!
I grew up here, but hadn't been back since I was 19...until last summer. My son and husband still tease me mercilessly about the ZOMBIE town. It really did seem to be stuck in time...creepy...and I'd had some good memories from there.
If you like lobster, and see advertising for a "Church supper"...you must go. We went to an amazeing one last summer. Everything is homemade...buns, desserts etc. They will over feed you, like any good down Easterner...and you will have a blast!
Sounds Wonderful...Some day Would like to see what the east side of Canada is Like.
Sounds lovely!
Never been to the East Coast, only have positive comments about the West Coast.
I guess I'll have to wait for another year!
Karen,
If you guys are anywhere near Lower Sackville on a Sunday you much check out The Rock Church. I used to LOVE going to Youth Conventions there when I was a teen. Shaun and I visted a few times as well as newly weds and loved it there.
Post a Comment