Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I love Spring!!!!!

when the sun feels warm on my face

and the grass starts to poke through the snow

the crocus's start to bloom

and the animals return

the ice vanishes off the river

and the water rushes its banks

opened windows in my house

chase away the stale breathe of winter

all over

there is an emergence of hope

and an anticipation of things to come.

I love Spring!!!

(to celebrate the first day of spring we went seed shopping this morning. we are going to be planting sunflowers, green peas and tomatoes)

5 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Karen,
Oh, I love "seed shopping"!!! If you are growing the tomatoes by seed, then you need to start growing them ASAP and INSIDE the house, not out. Directions are probably on the package. Did you get to buy some dirt, too? How fun. lol

Shari said...

Kevin refers to my sunflowers as Sunflower Trees. They grew so huge - taller than our back fence.

I LOVE spring more than you..yes I do, yes I do.

Williams Family Blog said...

Oh you girls are funny.

I planted the seeds this afternoon, it made a nice project for my two 5 year olds. Let me tell you the clean up was fun at the end :)

Shari, the sunflower seeds we planted are supposed to grow around 10 feet tall...how tall is your fence ??? :)

Karen

Shari said...

I think our fence is 8 feet tall but because the builder created a swell it feels like 12 feet.

It sounds like the sunflowers I planted so, you will need to steak them or tie them to something. Strong winds or heavy rains will cause them to fall over. They are AMAZING to watch grow - overnight the will just shoot up. Come fall the birds will have a feast!

Tamar said...

I wonder if I plant seeds if our new Puppy will dig them up? She is so Funny!
She is outside chasing the girls and is covered in muddy water ....just hope I can catch her when she gets in before she runs through the house ...towels are standing by!

Rollie..says...."I Love puddles in the Spring time ....Yes I do, I do, I do!"