Last month when Calia lost her four front teeth we ran into some "technical difficulties" with the toothfairy.I will admit that we are very forgetful parents and one of us enjoys having change for Timmies drive through.
For her first two teeth it took 2 weeks for the tooth fairy to come. Calia deducted that she was getting tied up because of all the cold and snowy weather. Finally... her four dollars appeared.
When she lost her third tooth she told us the tooth fairy would not come until she lost her fourth tooth. That bought us a little bit of time. Several days later when the fourth tooth fell out she confidently put both teeth in the tooth holder and went to sleep that night. Cliff and I had some change sitting there ready to sneak in and do the switch....but ......oops......we forgot.
That morning when the alarm went off Cliff suddenly remembered. "Karen, we forgot to get Calia's teeth".
"I'm going to do it now"Cliff says and leaves the room. Two seconds later he is jumping on the bed whispering "she caught me Karen, she caught me."
Panic invades my sleepy body.....no....not my little girl.....we still have to have the tooth fairy....oh no what are we going to do.........
Meanwhile, Cliff flees the scene and heads out to work.
I call Calia into the bedroom. "What have you got?" I asked her.
She holds up her shiny new coins with a toothless smile.
"The tooth fairy brought these for me last night. But you know what? Daddy was trying to steal these coins so he could get a coffee this morning but I caught him.......so I am going to hold onto these and keep them safe. " I gladly accepted her explanation.
After she left I called Cliff and we had a good chuckle.
Now at least the tooth fairy mystery is safe for a while.
Not so sure about the Easter Bunny :)
Giving 2019
6 years ago
8 comments:
Cute.
They sure do make us laugh.
We have a VERY serious first born and he has always known that there isn't REALLY any of these fairys etc...but we all "play" the game to a point and enjoy it.
Oh my goodnes - that was a good laugh!!! It's too bad that Calia has such a 'thief' for a Daddy!!
hahahaha
Hold onto these things as long as you can - all of mine are past it now. :(
So adorble!!
We were just talking about Calia the other day, and reminiscing about how she was such a cute pudgy little baby!!
She's a smart girl!
We need to have a prayer meeting....this is a problem.
CALIA HAS MORE FAITH IN THE TOOTH FAIRY THAN HER FATHER!! ....Cliff has his work cut out for him to gain the trust of a little girl - a smart little girl.
This is a great story. I can just see Calia doing it. :o) Glad you are recording it. So many great moments are forgotten.
Karen
As you know, Jianna is desperate to lose a tooth. She is constantly telling me that some eye tooth or something is loose. If she had her way (at barely 5), she would be six, in grade 1(so she could stay all day...and be in big kid sunday school) and toothless! I don't know where to find the breaks on this one...help!
Jianna would advise Calia's daddy to go to Starbucks like her daddy, because he can use his debit, and stop stealing from liitle people.
Karen, that is adorable!
We do have girls close in age...
Saturday when I returned from Toronto trip Lauryn showed me her first tooth that she actually lost on her own.
(All 6 other missing were pulled)
She wrote a letter to the tooth fairy and put it under her Pillow.....
It reads as follows:
to: tooth fary
when you give me money I want dollers thank you.
Love Lauryn...
then below that she wrote " Reply"
and left a spot for the tooth fairy to reply!
At 5am she said to me "Mom...the tooth fairy didn't come!"
Jon put her in bed beside me and she fell asleep as Jon took the puppy out for her morning pee.
Mean while Jon found a toonie and when Lauryn returned to her room in the morning she was pleasantly surprised.
Post a Comment