Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I eagerly ripped the plastic off my new Cd.
Minutes ealier I had been inside New Vision and was deeply desiring some new music.
I had some"blow money" in this weeks budget(thanks Dave Ramsey) so a new CD was due. But what would I choose????
The past couple of weeks I had really been dwelling on the hymns of the past - even singing them while I did my "mom" chores. So I bought the CD "Amazing Grace" music inspired by the motion picture. It is the hymns done by todays christian artists.
I played the CD in the van on the way home ...........wow God,was I ever touched by your music. Words that I had heard over and over again as a child were falling on fresh ears

"Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found
was blind but now I see"

."...how precious did that grace appear the
hour I first believed"

"..my chains are gone, I've been set free...."

Wow, so what does this tell me about God the Father? That he does not change. Some of those words are hundreds of years old but they still touch me today because his truths are timeless.

So here I am in my journey of change. Am I frustrated? Sometimes. Scared, sure. It is not going to be easy to "get out of the box". I am just glad I have something solid to hold on to.

Till tomorrow

3 comments:

Shari said...

Bet my CD from the Siege is still better.....you know the one we listened to on the way home in Jen's van..remember it has the songs about "breaking my leg".....and you can't forget the one about ..."He's going to love the............
Now that was a Memorable CD!!

Shari

Jen said...

Karen tell Shari to stop taking that CD so literally....angels must have been keeping her from hurting more than her elbow!

I'd forgotten the CD...I should borrow that, my kids would love it....especially Michael getting to sing the "H" word...NAW< I'd never be free of those lyrics again!

Karen, I hope your CD is much more uplifting, if not as funny...Enjoy!
Jen

Williams Family Blog said...

HA HA HA HA

I think Shari needs to bring that CD to the next prayer meeting.....

Karen