Thursday, April 12, 2007

Snow

As I wiped the sleep from my eyes, I stared out the window in disbelief

Soft, fluffly cold white stuff had been falling from the sky,

transforming my yard into something from a Christmas card.

The radio was buzzing about bus cancellations and weather reports.....

Just to be sure I was awake, I checked the calendar

April 12 it said.....

So today, as I dig out the snowpants, toques and mitts

I am dreaming of a place that I could visit that doesn't have snow,

Do you have one you are thinking of today?





7 comments:

Shari said...

Karen

Let's make that dream a reality...why not just jump on a plane to a sunshine destination!?!?

Okay so this is not in my reality for today. However I am filling out my passport for a trip to California in May!!

Happy Dreams!!

Jen said...

You know,
I have a trip planned to Florida around the first week of June. It's a catch up/divine appt. with a roommate from my Ranch days. I was worried about the heat then, but HEY! The way it's going, it may just be my reprieve from winter...or a VERY long Spring!!!!

Anonymous said...

You could all come to visit sunny Kelowna!!

Roxanne said...

Oh, I think a trip to B.C. would be the ultimate!

Shari said...

Roxanne always chooses destinations that begin with the letter B.

Amy said...

I know of a wonderful place, that doesn't have snow and is exceptionally warm. Plus, you can take only Cliff, or choose to take the whole family..and it starts with a B, so Roxanne may like it...

BED!

Tamatha said...

ummm...I would like to go to the Dominican again!:o)