Keys.....
We only have one set of keys for our car,
Last night we learned how important it is to have two.
You see, last night I had dinner on the table,
and through the door comes my darling husband
sporting that mischievious grin.
"What's up" I inquired..
It just so happened that day
as he was leaving his job
he locked the keys in his car.
Luckily, he got a ride home with a compassionate staff member.
Unfortunately, the car was left in a deserted parking lot
in a small rural town
with lots of electonics and cash within
enough to entice any petty criminal.
So daddy loaded the van with the necessities
like coat hangers, duct tape and the phone # of the locksmith
and all five of us set out.
"We are playing a game"
we told the kids.
"Daddy lost his car and we are going to go find it"
Our three began to scan the rural countryside for daddy's car.
As we entered that small town
one of them pointed and squealed in delight.
"I found it, I found it" she said.
We pulled up behind the car and as I pulled out books for the kids
daddy skillfully went to work with the coathanger and duct tape.
In no time at all
"Pop" went the lock and we were home free.
So today, on his way home from work
Daddy is going to get a couple of keys cut for his car
and tonight we are going to play a boardgame with the kids.
Giving 2019
6 years ago
6 comments:
I'm concerned about Cliff's locksmith abilities....Has Mike ever dealt with him at work??
Amy your so funny....
He can break into his own car but as far as I know he can't hotwire them.....
Hmmm...should I be concerned if he brings home a "new stereo".
Karen
What child's education would be complete without these life skills being covered?
Jimmy-ing a car door with a coat hanger and duct tape is now a life skill. Awesome. My kids get some first hand life skills then considering Mike's job...WOOHOO!!!!
(I am suprised too, that your children didn't think Cliff was smarter than portrayed...seeing as he lost his car and all!!)
We missed you last night at Intercession. Sounds as though you probably still got some praying in. :)
Oh ya! Been there done that!!
Post a Comment