Monday, April 02, 2007

"Faithfull one, so unchanging, ageless one your my rock of peace...."

Hours earlier the words of this song had echoed around this tiny hospital room.

Now all was quiet except for the sounds of the rain beating against the window,

and the steady beep and hum of the monitors.

The window ledge had been her refuge that winter.

She would sit there and gaze out on the city and just pour out her heart to God.

Most days the question was Why?,

some days it was "I can't go on like this".

Today it was "my baby needs your healing touch"

Earlier on she had heard words from the professionals in white,

words like "Cystic Fibrosis???", "Asthma can be fatal," "respiratory distress??"

Overwhelmed she broke down and picked up the phone.

The reinforcements came.

Just under a dozen people were in that hospital room that evening

laying hands on that tiny unconscious eight month old boy in the oxygen tent

and praying and agreeing for his healing.

With peace in her heart she spent the night on the cot beside her baby.

The very next day she woke up to the sounds of her baby clawing at the plastic of the oxygen tent,

six days later the young couple took their baby home.

Is this the end of the story?

Well, all those other tests, they came back negative.


The baby had asthma.

There were still many battles to be fought and won

but each one was not as severe as the winter of "99".

Did God hear their prayers?

What do you think?

Today Keegan is a happy, thriving, eight year old boy

who hasn't needed a puffer in almost 2 years

and hasn't been hospitalized in over four years.

He loves God and carries his Bible everywhere.

So today I reflect on the faithfulness of my God..........

(so much to say on this as this sits close to heart)

and the many ways that he has answered our prayers.



7 comments:

Shari said...

BEAUTIFUL!! WOW, this is one I will be asking for your permission to use someday - sooner rather than later.

I am realizing that this is more than just blogging. I would like to develop this further for the ladies of DS. We are on to something here. So many skills writters - so much talent - so many stories - so much encouragment to pass on to other ladies. Think about how you personally see this developing and we'll connect after Easter.

God is amazingly Faithful. It good for us to remember his faithfulness and all that He has done. We are a blessed people in countless ways!!

Shari

Shaun and Holly said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you JESUS! I rejoice with you over the healing that has taken place in Keegan's wonderful little body! ;o) It gives me hope to keep praying and that one day I can blog about my daughters healing (asthma).
Love ya!

Roxanne said...

Thanks for sharing this personal story of God's healing power. He has shown His faithfulness to you in a very tangible way. What God has done for your family, He can certainly do for others that call on Him.

Jen said...

I like Keegan...such a gentle heart...with still so much to say!

Bless you Karen in all that God has and will continue to do in each member of the Williams family.

Rhonda said...

My heart rejoices with you!! I do admire your son. He carries his sword has only a knight would. He is equipped and ready for the fight. I bless your son. He is developing into a young battle warrior and will do very well.

The devil has been defeated!

Amy said...

Praise God for Keegan. For upholding you marriage through "troubled" times, for bringing in 2 more beautiful children.

I too, am a miracle baby, and I am SO thankful for prayer, faith, healing.

Bless you all.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow!
Really well written, and pulls on my heart strings.
I have always said that the Holy Spirit is very strong in those hospital rooms. And He brings comfort during those long lonely hours.

What a great testimony!!