Gratitude Saturday
Today I am thankful for new life. Last night I was at a baby shower for a friend, who after years of trying (and lots of heartache) was blessed with her second child. He is a beautiful little boy and she named him Samuel. What a fitting name....
I am thankful for a two year old who is constantly trying to show me the world through her eyes. Simple things are so profound to her. This morning she said to me "Mommy, LOOK...clouds!!" For the first time in two days there were soft fluffy clouds and blue skies.
I am thankful for a six year old and an eight year old that constantly make me laugh. Like the other night I was bathing my two year old and I told them to clear the table. During the "completion" of this chore I hear a lot of giggling and comotion going on. When I finally came out to investigate I find Calia with a dripping wet face and Keegan with a big guilty expression on his. When questioned by me, Keegan told me that Calia could burp the ABC's and she had made it to X.
.....not exactly princess behaviour.
I am also thankful for all the friends that God has put in my life. Old friends, new friends, friends from church, friends from school, blogging friends, friends from far, friends from near.
I am very blessed.
God help me to have this atitude of gratitude every day.
Giving 2019
6 years ago
9 comments:
Sounds like doing dishes is a lot of fun at your house. How far can you get burping the ABC's?
I feel blessed being able to connect with the girls through blogging. My kids are getting a kick out me wanting a computer turn. Now I can better relate to them wanting their MSN time.
My kids would have belching contests while doing the dishes.....guess which one is Amazing at this....loud and long!! Yup, it's none other than the Amazing Amanda!
I can burp with the best of them....just as my brother about the "burp and blow"!! (Okay, now that's grosse!)
Wow, Amy I am planning a fall retreat for our ladies to bless and release their gifts....would you be willing to give us a demonstration!!
Once again I am absolutely amazed at you women ... of all things burping?? Go figure ... you act so prim and proper in public, but we men know the real truth ... don't we??
I am sure a number of the "blogger women" husbands could provide numerous examples :)
My how we digress!!
I was known as the PRUDE in my home, growing up...they all thought bodily functions were wonderful entertainment....I felt "too proper" for such behavior!
Now I have been blessed with a large family who for the most part are also very entertained by bodily functions....other than my "Johnny"....not sure about with his friends though. If, mom at any time let's her guard down, there are congratulations all around....GOD HELP ME!!!
My kids tease me as I Can't burp loud - seriously you'd need to mic me burping to even hear it...I'm such a cultured lady.....HEE HEE!!
OK I admit it, I am a "closet burper". I belch a good one out, only if I am home ALONE (but, I always say "excuse me")!!!! lol
Sorry girls. I'm not claiming fame to any of the above. I'm a closet bodily-function noise-maker. Won't admit to anything!!!
Post a Comment