Thursday, April 12, 2007

Today,

the storm clouds have begun to blow

around the figure perched on that piece of granite.

In the midst of the grayness and fog

she reaches down and slips her hand into a crevice

wincing in pain as the shale cuts her flesh

but comforted by the closeness.

She secures her hands and feet and embraces the cold wet surface

as the gale picks up around her.

Do you know her name?

She is Katrina, my sister in law

I just received an email from my brother

which contained words like: hospital, malignant, and more surgery tonight.

So please pray for them and their two boys(3yrs and 4 months)

as they face the winds of uncertainty

and as our family stands in the gap

and prays to a faithful and powerful God

for her complete healing and restoration.






9 comments:

Amy said...

Ofcourse I will be praying. I understand.

Roxanne said...

These are huge storm clouds...but
God is much bigger.
Praying for your family.
Roxanne

Shari said...

Karen,
We will be standing with you. Please let me know if you have need of Anything!! I pray that your family will all draw near to their Father during this time - He is the ultimate one to call on!!
Much prayer
Shari

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! We will be praying. We have seen the miracles come first hand with Teena....... God let Your healing come again.

Jen said...

Karen

My heart and my prayers are with all of you. I understand the uncertainty and the fear that tries to creep in when this kind of storm kicks up.

God bless my friend Karen and ALL of her family with a greater measure of peace and deep rest as they sleep tonight...we trust you. You are a good and ever faithful God.

Shaun and Holly said...

Praying for healing and for peace and strength for all of you. Keep us up to date. Sending much love to you!!

Teena said...

it's all around us.
but so is God.
praying for katrina but also for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the level of faith rising on cyber space!!!! Yah!

Williams Family Blog said...

Thanks girls,

Your support means sooo much.

I am hoping to talk to Katrina tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Love to all

Karen