Today......snowing again.
So as I begin my day with a hot cup of coffee,
I dream of long hot summer days,
and the sound of children jumping into the pool for a refreshing dip.
The ice cream trucks song
and the cicada beetles hum.
The smell of sunscreen
and the sound of the waves at the Sandbanks.
Canoeing on crystal clear canadian waters
and the sound of a crackling campfire as darkness falls.
Oh .................I think I need another sip!
(check out the new pic )
Giving 2019
6 years ago
8 comments:
Karen
How do we get there?
The Pic.?
Good news though...the miserable weather we are having today and tomorrow, is going to be followed with some VERY Spring like weather.
Hang on girls...it's coming. I for one will never complain about the heat this summer....I will join Karen in her pool though!!!!!
Love the photo!
I woke up to snow here; it's still snowing now.
Well...at least I won't have to be cutting the grass for awhile!!
It has been sooooo challanging for me to be positive with all these grey, rainy, snowy days. Good point re. the grass cutting Roxanne!!!
Ugh... I have wanted to cry all morning...lol...just thinking about having to leave the house, and the many errands I am NOT going to do..(except go to the docs)...
I am very ready for poolside at my mothers....Won't be long! WOOHOO!!
i can taste summer after reading your poem!
Love your writings........ always soooooo good!!!!
Love the picture too!
I'm actually thinking of watching some Christmas movies and putting on Christmas music....if you can't fight it.......
Karen ... I don't know your family well yet, but I LOVE your writing style! I think I'll show my kids and give them a writing assignment!
Post a Comment